Violet Hope


We knew what her name would be even before we truly knew of her. Somehow it just clicked. Blame it on my undying love of purple and the anthem to royalty this princess should be...but Michael was emphatically in love with it just as much as I was and so we had decided: if we have a girl, her name will be Violet.

This wasn't a situation where we would have to wait and see her for the first time. We just KNEW. This was also one of the reasons I was certain I was carrying a boy. We had so wholeheartedly agreed on a girl's name but couldn't be so certain with a boy's name. I felt for this reason it just seemed too perfect...it just fit together so nicely and seemed, quite frankly, too good to be true.

From the time I learned of our first pregnancy in the fall, the Lord kept impressing upon me the word "Hope." It has such deep biblical meaning and it resonated with me throughout our loss. Everywhere I turned, He would encourage me with scriptures filled with messages of hope. I had the word inscribed on a piece of rice (yes, you read this correctly) and placed inside a purple keychain that has hung from my rearview mirror since October. It became more than just hope deferred or something to hope for, rather it became my anthem.

"And now, O Lord, what do I hope for? My hope is in You!" 
Psalm 39:7

"Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him."
Psalm 62:5

I could go on and on, but this journey has become about about finding rest, security and comfort in God alone. It's taken me down the familiar path of whether or not I would trust Him. Whether or not I would wait on Him and how my heart would respond in the process. Would I worry, fear, become anxious, ungrateful or desperate, or would I seek Him, rest, rejoice and praise? I cannot say I've always responded appropriately, but I can say that God has always graciously waited for my heart to turn to Him.

So it simply could not be perfect, but it is simply God's glorious plan. His desire to delight in His wayward children and to abundantly bless. His mercy and goodness to pour out hope and life while answering prayers. His glory being revealed to us in human form. 

And so she shall be called Violet Hope Wright. We've felt her move and kick and we've seen glimpses of her on ultra sound. For now, I continue to be but a vessel where He can move and work and masterfully create our darling daughter. Even before we get to hold you, Violet, we're falling in love with you more each day. 

Today we share her name with you so that you may also join with us in praying for her by name. 




Comments

Popular Posts