One Year Ago

Timehop showed me this today:
One year ago today I got a positive pregnancy test. It was a surreal moment with a flood of emotions. I couldn't wait to share the news with Michael. We were going to have a baby! We couldn't wait to share the news with the world. What a miracle, a blessing, something so far beyond our hopes and dreams. Our joy was cut short and quickly turned to grief but without this day, one year ago, I don't know that I would appreciate this day one year later as much as I now do. 

am thankful for this reminder, thankful for the life inside me kicking even as I type. It's been a journey of God's repeated faithfulness and grace, revealing to me how He has kept His hand upon us, weaving His masterpiece throughout it all. 

There's been tears, grief, life, love, mercy, learning and growth. None of it can be separated from the very real understanding that God's Sovereignty has had a perfect plan for our lives despite the human nature to doubt and question and wonder. 

Michael and I are both living breathing testimonies of God's redemptive plan even when life doesn't go as we plan. Violet Hope is a living breathing life inside of me, being knit together by God Himself, as yet another example of His grace and mercy at work. I stand in awe of Him and His faithfulness. Thank You, Lord, for reminding me of how good Tou truly are!

Comments

Popular Posts