34

I'm ringing in my birthday with a blog. The much anticipated day is just minutes away. Even as I type I am surrounded by the people I love most in this world, all slumbering, but still close by. Life is a bit chaotic in the midst of boxes and moving and changing addresses and temporary locations with permanency yet to be figured out. There are fears of the unknown. Unresolved issues. Things yet to deal with. Outcomes yet to be revealed. And amid all that swirls around me in a state of flux, there is peace. There is joy. There is a constant stream of everlasting love that is mine to claim. Oh how I praise Him!

As I stare 34 down with wide eyes, I embrace tomorrow and all this upcoming year holds. Beyond blessed. That's all I can come up with to sum up God's infinite work of grace and mercy in my life. Make no mistake, even as He formed me and planned for my life to begin on this day 34 years ago, He also knew the redeeming work He'd have to perform. I'm so grateful for His unconditional love. I'm so blessed by His hand at work. I'm caught speechless by how He chose even me.

So, here we are...another birthday, another year to celebrate and thank God for giving me life, and another opportunity to discover His plan for me while I am here.

I realize I joke a lot about this day and my celebration of it. Even my young son has given me a crown to wear in honor of my birthday and keeps making me put it on. But the truth of the matter is, we are royalty. I am the daughter of the King of Kings. Yes, I know. Princess I may not be...but royalty He says I am. So I will don my title, the one He's giving me claiming me as His. And this year more than ever before I give Him all of me, all of this life He's given me, all for His glory.

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His own possession that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called you out of darkness and into Hi marvelous light." 1 Peter 2:9

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts