Taking a Stand

My newsfeed is flooded today. Once again we've hit a wall on where the lines are drawn between respect and standing (or kneeling) for what we believe in. Some are standing up for the sacrifices made for the freedom to do so. Others are kneeling in an act they claim is seeking justice.  Whatever your own stance today, I implore you to hear something even more important than recent headlines.

This isn't political. It's not about the flag or the anthem or the President. It isn't about a race or denomination, it's not about gender or labels. It's about the only thing I know to be absolute truth and that is the fact that He bled and died for us ALL. To cover every single one of our sins and our foolishness. His blood is enough.

This is my own personal stand for Truth. Not what I believe is truth but what God's Word actually says is Truth. The One and Only Truth. The inerrant Gospel of the Son of God who came, willingly gave, and sacrificed His life for my soul.

We all, every single one of us, fall short of Him and His perfect glory. The wages for our sin is death. Eternal separation from God. But His gift of life is for life eternal - life with Him. With our hearts we believe and with our mouths we profess Him as Lord and are saved. He intercedes for us, no matter where we are, no matter what we've done. While the enemy seeks whom he may devour, the saving grace of Christ seeks each of our hearts and offers us eternal life through Him.

Here's what I believe (personal opinion here).  Whether it's born out of true conviction or a media stunt, there's a part of me that thinks some of these people who are standing for what they believe is right do in fact believe in their cause. What I know of the enemy is he's crafty enough to get us to believe anything but the truth. It's been happening since the creation of man and he's only intensified his vicious attacks in the present day. It's why I feel so passionate to share my own convictions because I know so many are being led astray.

What is Christianity? A belief in God? Is it that simple? What does believing in God cost? What is faith? Faith in who? Faith in what? It's becoming so blurred it's hard to defend. The only thing I know to do is go back to His Word. He is the way, the truth and the life and not one of us can get to God the Father without going by way of the Cross of Christ.

This is my stand.

Comments

Popular Posts