Today Is My Birthday

Today is my birthday. Today is my favorite day of the year. (But you already knew that!) I never pass up an opportunity to celebrate ANY holiday so why would I not want to go all out for MY birthday?!

There's a reason I love my birthday so much. I've explained it before, and it seems almost cliche, but it bears repeating.

My birthday, February 19th, is the day when the God of the Universe, Creator of ALL things, chose for me to enter this world. Even before my birth, He was knitting me together, planning all the days of my life and it began for me on this day 39 years ago.

You might be rolling your eyes. You may not appreciate my perspective but I need you to know it's not just my birthday - I think everyone's birthday is something to truly be celebrated. He planned you and the day. He created you. I think it's something He truly celebrates.

It's not just another day or another year. It's the day that God planned even before any one of my days on earth began. The very thought that He chose me on this day and that He's given me every year in between stops me in my tracks. It's the most humbling and glorifying thought all wrapped into one giant blessing of a birthday gift. My Birthday.

I've entered into the last year of this particular decade. This is a big year for me as I countdown to the next one. (I promise there won't be a full year countdown...BUT...I am planning something BIG!)

So thank you for enduring another year of birthday shenanigans. Thank you for celebrating with me and making me feel so special. Thank you for another memorable birthday!

Comments

Popular Posts