Suit Up

We've been under fierce attack. Our entire family has experienced it. One after another, we've felt the pain of the enemy's repeated onslaught of us as a whole and individually. It's been from every side - and why wouldn't it be? The devil lies in wait, seeking whom he may devour and he doesn't just sneak up on you. He pounces with such intensity he intends to go straight for the jugular. In this case, he's hit close to the heart and left a raw bleeding mess. 

The reality is he doesn't get the victory. We are crushed but not defeated. I know this and am claiming it in Jesus' name. But he certainly knows how to knock our feet out from under us and leave a path of destruction. We're left dazed and confused, picking up the shattered pieces and trying to find the strength to move forward. Struck down but not destroyed.

There was a point when all I could do was utter the words, "Lord, speak Your truth. Speak truth to my heart." I wasn't sure how to pray. All I knew to do was call on Him and His promises. "Be near, Lord. We need you"

These are the moments we have to be prepared, we need to be suited up, we've got to be armed and ready. We can't wait for the attacks to start arming ourselves with His truth. These words I have hidden in my heart since childhood are the ones I've been calling to mind the past few days. Even then I've found myself in the depths of despair. The roller coaster of emotions robbing any resemblance of joy. Even when I can't muster a smile, I can rest in His embrace. 

I know what it's like to feel like everything or everyone is against you. I've also walked with the Lord long enough to recognize the spiritual warfare that this is. It doesn't mean I'm mature enough not to pitch a fit in the midst of my trial. It's hard not to feel sorry for yourself and be ruled by emotion. Yet even here, even in this vulnerable and volatile state, I know He's at work. I know He hasn't left. I know the enemy will NOT get the victory over me or my family. 

I know you know. I know how real this battle is. I also know how powerful our God is. It's time to suit up. 

Comments

Popular Posts