A Call To Pray Part 1

We all pray for our children. It's foolish to think we don't utter prayers for them on a consistent and regular basis. We pray for their safety and well-being. We pray for them to make wise choices. We pray they'll remember what we've taught them. We pray for them to have a friend, positive influences, and people around them. We pray for them to come to know Christ as Savior and to grow in their faith. Of course we pray for our kids.
This week is going to look a little different but I am entering into a week-long series of messages to encourage specific and earnest prayers especially over our children in this season of school. I will also include ways we can pray for each other as parents. Please know this is something I'm searching for in my own life. I've got some BIG prayer requests on behalf of my kids, especially my boy. I know you do, too, which is why the Lord has impressed this upon my heart.
Today we start with covering our kids in prayer as they begin a new day, a new week, and continue in a new school year.
Lord, I pray You will remind my children daily that Your love for them is everlasting (Psalm 103:17).
Cultivate a grateful heart within them (Psalm 118:28).
Help them speak the truth to others and to themselves (Ephesians 4:25).
Fill them with joy and peace (Romans 15:13).
Make them a blessing to everyone they meet (1 Peter 3:9).
Help them to listen to Your Word and do what it says (Luke 11:28).
May they never walk away from You; draw their hearts closer so You will always be near them (James 4:8).
Won’t you join me in covering our kids in prayer?
No photo description available.

Comments

Popular Posts