Where do you pitch your tent?

Disappointment. It's a feeling. And I'm allowed to have it. After a thought-provoking and heart-felt discussion at bible study, I was reminded that disappointments come. Circumstances that cause pain are not always avoidable. My emotions aren't wrong. They're real. They're valid. They're MY feelings. I am allowed to feel them. What I realized, though, is I must not camp there. I cannot pitch my tent in the eternal land of disappointment and discouragement. I must know and realize I am just a traveler passing through.

As I navigate through the curves and turns and hurdles, I am reminded to count it all joy. How? How do I turn to joy in the midst of pain? Because joy is not based upon my circumstance. Joy is not dependent on my feelings. Joy is not dictated by my state of disappointment or contentment.

"...in Your presence there is fullness of joy..." Psalm 16:11
I find joy by being in Your presence; sticking closely with you. Could my joy come from knowing You are with me?

"If you obey my commends, you will remain in my love...I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete." John 15:10-11
In my obedience to His word and His will, my joy is complete by remaining in his love. Again, basking in Him and His goodness so that no matter what I face, I am whole and full because of what He provides.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him..." Romans 15:13
My faith in Him brings peace and joy. I trust in Him - not in what He will do - but in HIM. Knowing full well that He is good. Knowing that He gives peace that passes understanding. Knowing that hope can abound because of my response to trust in Him.

You might be facing disappointments. You might have hit rock bottom. But rest assured, His joy comes in the morning. His joy is full and abounding, making you whole and complete. His presence goes with you, no matter what you're facing. When nothing seems sure, rest securely in His grip. Sovereign God knows. He sees. He feels. And so can you. Just don't pitch your tent there!

Comments

  1. Thank you Carrie! SO true! You have such a way with words and I love that the word is your foundation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts