In Jesus' Name

There is a name I love to hear
I love to sing its worth
It sounds like music in my ears
The sweetest name on earth
Oh how I love Jesus
Oh how I love Jesus
Oh how I love Jesus
Because He first loved me!

It's a sweet sweet song and tonight my heart sings it. Even sweeter is His name, and tonight my heart rejoices in who He is.

El Elyon - The Lord Most High
Elohim - Eternal Creator
El Shaddhai - All Sufficient God
Jehovah Nissi - The Lord My Banner
Jehovah Jireh - The Lord My Provider
Jehovah Rapha - The Lord My Healer
Jehovah Saboath - The Lord of Hosts
El Olam - Everlasting God
Jehovah Shalom - The Lord My Peace
Jehovah Tsidkenu - The Lord My Righteousness
Jehovah Mekaddishkem - The Lord My Sanctifier

Who is He? He is I AM. Literally translated "Ha'shem" - The Name. The name above every name. The name which causes every knee to bow and every tongue to confess. It's more than the name we call - Jesus, Emmanuel, Ha'shem - it is the omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent Almighty God we call upon. We call upon His name - we seek Him and find Him.

The Name. Lord of Hosts and Creator of all things - even fallen flesh like me. Lord of Peace in the midst of my storm. My Righteousness and Sanctifier to cleanse my filthiness. Everlasting God when my days are numbered. Lord Most High even when I'm at my lowest. My Banner and Protector no matter what enemy seeks to destroy me. My Healer and Provider despite my brokenness and frailty. The first, the last, beginning and end. But most of all He is my God and my Savior. The God who is, who was and who will always be. Whatever I need Him, whenever I call upon Him.

Who is He to you?

Comments

Popular Posts