Beloved



He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea. Job 9:8

The LORD wraps himself in light as with a garment; he stretches out the heavens like a tent. Psalm 104:2

"This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, the Maker of all things, who stretches out the heavens, who spreads out the earth by myself, Isaiah 44:24

It is I who made the earth and created mankind on it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts. Isaiah 45:12

But God made the earth by his power; he founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding. Jeremiah 10:12

The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness. Jeremiah 31:3

Oh the promises of a new day. Oh the joy that comes in the morning. Oh the beauty of the knowledge of Creator God stretching out the skies, wrapping Himself in garments of light. Just as He spoke the earth into form and put the expanse of day and night into place, so He has formed you in the secret place. Counting every hair on your head, seeing each and every day of your life before one of them has come to pass. 

My mind cannot comprehend the vastness of His love for us and yet even when His wonders are on display for my eyes to see, I am reminded that He has stretched out the heavens by His understanding. That which is too lofty for me is never too much for Him to know and comprehend - and even more than that, for Him to be working out for my good. Oh how I praise You, Father, for you see each tear that falls, You know each heart that breaks, You know what it is that causes my fears and failures and yet You lovingly embrace me with Your everlasting and eternal love. 

Where can I go that I could hide from Your presence? Thank God, nowhere, for You are always with me, holding me by my right hand, even when I don't feel You there. Even when I do my best to break free of Your grip. Still, You draw me with Your unfailing kindness with the solitary goal of making me more like You. Do this, Lord. 

On a day like today, with a display like the one You painted in the sky, how could I do anything but praise You? Oh God, I know I may lose sight but please don't ever let me lose Your grip. 

Happy Valentine's Day. I am Your beloved. 

Comments

Popular Posts