Pray for Jay

I shared our joyful news just over a week ago. I talked about the moments that I am attempting to cherish. Little did I know that hours after our celebratory announcement life would be drastically changing for dear friends. All in a single moment, a 12 year old boy would suffer a massive seizure and stroke caused by a brain aneurysm. That same boy is now facing a second brain surgery tomorrow and life altering changes that his family still cannot know the full extent of. Their journey will be months, maybe years, stemming from one single moment that has changed everything.

Tonight I am calling all friends, every prayer warrior, anyone reading this to #prayforjay. The stroke caused massive damage to his brain, his personality and has altered who his family has known him to be. Tomorrow's surgery may be a complete restart for his brain, or it may be what snaps him out of this trauma. Regardless, we're asking God for a very specific miracle: complete restoration and healing for Jay.

On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many. 2 Corinthians 1:10b-11

This verse came to mean so much to me during the adoption of my son. I often remarked that he was the direct product of many people's prayers being heard and answered. Because of him, we rejoiced. We gave God all the glory. I turn to this verse again and I ask you to join in praying for a miracle. I implore you to set your hope on the God who delivers, who heals, who helps us in our time of need. I invite you to take part in the amazing story that is still unfolding so that you might experience His favor being poured out when we see Him answer. I call upon you to give thanks and worship Almighty God when He answers. We have set our hope on a Sovereign and Faithful God and the prayers of many being lifted up tonight and tomorrow are the songs of praise He longs to hear. 

Please join us in praying for Jay!

#prayforjay


Comments

  1. Praying for you this night as far may seem like a crouching lion, yet god is hiding you in the cleft of the rock. Sleep well friend as I know this pain somewhat. Blessings as you face each moment with clarity and grace. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to pray for Jay! Just saw the great update on Jessica's page! <3 God is faithful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts