The Little Things

Sometimes it's the little things. The simplest of details that no one else would know or recognize, yet I know. More importantly, it reminds me that He knows. There's been way too many happenings in the past few weeks for me to dismiss it as mere happenstance, so I'm coming here today to give credit where credit is due.

It's the little things. The details of our lives. The stuff that means nothing to anyone but us and because it became one of the things that God chose to pinpoint in my life it ultimately results in something monumental.

It's the little things that lead me to stop and stand in awe of the God of the universe who cares enough to deal with the mundane of my day to day. It's the things that speak volumes to me when I feel like my voice is but a clanging cymbal among a thousand beating drums, realizing He heard me among the crowd.

It's often these very nit-picky things that drive us crazy. The things that gnaw at our patience or chip away at the very core of our faith. We get so caught up in these things, the petty annoyances, the simplest of grievances, that they often become the giants in our lives.

How quickly I can get caught up in my daily frustrations and miss it! I miss Him when all He wanted to do was bless my socks off, yet I spend my energy flustered and complaining.

I'll admit I'm the first one to sit in a Spirit-filled service and pray "Lord, speak to me. Use me. Let me be Your vessel." And yet I fall so short of the opportunity to fully embrace Him as He makes His way toward me. It's not always intentional. Sometimes I'm so distracted I simply miss Him altogether. Other times I'm so preoccupied with my own self that I ashamedly admit I don't leave any room for Him. "No, Lord. I've got this. You're free to help someone else." How often do I forfeit His blessings, His presence, because of my self righteous belief that I have somehow arrived?

And yet, in these moments, in these very details, He lovingly graciously comes back, pursuing me, drawing me, reminding me He's there. He seeks relationship with me. He does this by revealing Himself to me in the very distinct details that make up the mundane of my life.

But here's the catch. He's doing this for you, too. Don't miss it, my friend. Don't miss Him. The details of your life matter to the God of the universe, the Creator of all things, He cares for you and every little thing that matters to you.

Comments

Popular Posts