I Do

"And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy. I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. And you shall know the Lord." Hosea 2:19-20

There's no way I can possibly catch up on the last two weeks. Every time I sit down to blog, I honestly become overwhelmed and - albeit shocking - I can't come up with words adequate to truly share. Everyone keeps commenting about the joy and emotion that was seen, felt and witnessed that day. Dry eyes there were not. And there's a lot of good reasons for the tears of joy that were shed.

"What God has joined together..." Truly, there are no words to describe how the Author of this love story has penned it all. "Don't compare your love story to those you watch in movies. They're written by scriptwriters, yours is written by God." No mistaking it.

We often laugh about the ways our paths might have been crossing for years without us even knowing it. No more wondering - now we journey together, hand-in-hand. My heart in his. His in mine.

“Our story is one of a redeeming God who has had His hand of love and mercy upon us, not only giving us another chance at love and life, but using our lives as a testimony of his goodness and grace. Despite bad decisions or people hurting us, our love speaks to that of a God who looked upon us all as fallen sinners and loved us enough to give us life and give us each other so we could journey together. We know without doubt God has orchestrated our meeting and coming together and even our marriage.”

The pictures are masterpieces that capture more than just moments - they portray raw emotion. So I'll let them replace the words that I cannot come up with to describe the day I married my Prince.





How can I say thanks for the things You have done for me? Things so undeserved yet You gave to prove Your love for me...

Thank you, Lord. That's all I know to say. If you were in the room you would have felt it - the presence of the Holy Spirit so powerful, so present it couldn't be ignored or denied. His blessings He has bestowed, I know not why they've been poured out upon me. But I thank You, Lord.

**Photo Credit to Megan Vaughan Photography

Comments

Popular Posts