We're Expecting



I've started the first line a half dozen times and can't seem to know where to begin. Michael and I are expecting a baby early May 2015. Yes, you can do the math and figure that I'm only a few weeks pregnant (does that make me any less pregnant?!) and yes, we chose to announce before the traditional first trimester. It doesn't really matter why but I can tell you that there is a life inside of me and that is something we want to celebrate! 

I can't come up with words to describe the goodness of God. The abundance of blessing bestowed on us is almost too much to handle at times. I know I don't deserve it. I have not earned it. But I will boast only in The Lord and His wonderous love and blessings. Even when I've been wandering, lost and faithless. Even when I've doubted and prayed what I thought were endless unheard prayers. My God was there, ever listening, ever waiting, ready with His perfect plan in His perfect timing. 

Those two little knit booties in the picture represent life. Those two shoes represent the feet being formed for the baby being fashioned inside me. Truthfully, I never knew if I would carry a baby. Frankly, I had buried that dream many years ago. I prayed to become a mother and that is what The Lord granted me. And yet He decided not to stop there. I am so mindful of the fact that both of my children have been brought by nothing less than the Sovereign and miraculous hand of God. ONLY GOD! 

Just as Elijah was being fashioned in my heart, just as God perfectly placed him in my arms as the answer to my prayer to become a mother, so He is now forming a baby, our baby to be part of our family. ONLY GOD!!

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

I could search the world over and never come up with enough ways to express what I owe Him. It's not because I prayed hard enough. It's not because my faith was strong enough. It's not because I was good enough. It's certainly not because I deserve it. It's only because, by, through and with God. ONLY GOD. 

Rejoice with us as we praise The Lord for this miracle!
Give thanks with us as we honor Him at work in our lives and for the life inside me.
Pray with us for our baby and our growing family. 

Only God!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts