Hope is Not Lost

A week ago I wrote about hope. I didn't know what was happening or what was to come but with all of my heart I wanted to hold onto hope. From the depths of my soul I cried out to God to answer the way in which I hoped. He didn't. But I need you to understand that I haven't lost my hope. 

My hope is in The Lord. My expectation is from Him. My souls rests in Him. (Psalm 62:5)

Hope does not disappoint. In fact, it is the result of our trials producing perseverance and endurance. (Romans 5:3-5) God uses these times to show us Himself. It can be difficult to find Him when we feel He's not answering how we want. We can become angry or bitter when we don't get what we hope for. But when we allow supernatural faith to take over finite humanity, we find Him in all His sovereignty and we can find rest in His presence. This is where we find peace. This is where our faith is encouraged and our hope is renewed. 

Hope. "The desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfillment." Hope is the longing for something we expect to happen. Hope is deeply rooted in our trust of an Almighty Father knowing He has secured our eternity with Him. Hope is trusting, believing, depending, expecting and being strengthened by our desire for Him and all that He desires for us. Hope is recognizing His love never fails. Hope is knowing we live because He lives. Hope stays alive because He conquered death. And yes, even in death we can find hope. 

Comments

Popular Posts