Chosen. 

Today isn’t about me sharing what’s on my heart as much as it is hearing what’s on yours. 

We’re going through Jo Saxton’s “The Dream of You” bible study at church and last night we heard a compelling lesson on being fully known and deeply loved by God. It’s a humbling thought to think when we wallow in our insecurities or lose our self-worth we may as well be punching God in the face saying His creation isn’t good enough. Did you catch that? He made you. He planned you. He chose you. 

I have often shared my own fears and insecurities, my short-comings and character flaws. I know I struggle with over-analyzing EVERYTHING. I also tend to over-react and jump to action before I’ve fully thought through a plan. I battle so much insecurity desiring to be chosen and seeking connection that I often feel left out and alone. This is just a short list...

“Words create worlds.” The very thought of this causes me to pause and think about the words that have shaped my world. The words from others I’ve believed about myself. The labels, good and bad, I’ve attached to who I think I am. But this isn’t always the truth. This isn’t always what God says about me. 

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God! How vast is the sum of them! You have searched me, Lord,  and you know me. Psalm 139:13-17

How about you? What words have shaped your world? When you stop to think about how you view yourself does it line up with what God says about you? 

What does being fully known and deeply loved by God mean to you? 

How can you trust what He says about you even when you don’t feel it?

I’d love to hear from you.

Comments

Popular Posts