Hello March 

Listen. We need to talk. This is going to be serious. 

I realize what I’m about to say has the potential to be highly controversial and extremely divisive. The topic is emotionally charged and typically not one where opinions waiver. Sometimes the difficult things have to be discussed so here we go...

I don’t want it to snow. I’m ready for spring. I can’t tell you how much I want, no NEED, the warmth and sun. You guys, I’ve seen it. I’ve basked in its glorious sunshiny warmth and it’s amazing! Oh taste and see the goodness...it’s coming!!!

We have SNOW in our forecast in just a few days. Today is the first day of March and in many people’s minds the automatic switch to spring starts to take place. I used to be one of those hanging on to winter with every last hope of a late March snow. Prior to last week, I would have expected our March snow forecast with welcome arms and hopeful prayers...until I spent a week in the heat of 80+ degrees. You could walk outside at 7 a.m. or 9 p.m. and be in shorts and a t-shirt and still be warm. IT WAS AMAZING!!! You guys, we NEED this!

I know some of you will be disgusted with me. My snow-loving friends will wonder if you can even associate with me. Those in the spring-ready camp will wonder if they can trust me. Have I really changed my tune?!

Hear me out. I have a deep love and appreciation for each of the seasons. I love where we live and the benefit of experiencing each in its fullness. I love knowing if the season we’re in isn’t a favorite, it will soon pass. Just a few months each year then we move on. I love knowing it is only temporary which causes me to appreciate its brief presence with whatever it may bring.

Standing here on March 1st I can tell you I would usually be hanging on to any last shred of hope for snow. I would want the last offer of its fullness the season could bring. It’s the same feeling when summer starts to give way to fall and as much as I enjoy those crisp cool mornings and flavors of pumpkin spice, I want to hang on to the ice cream cones outside when the sunset is as late as 9 p.m. This is a little different for me. I’ve seen the sun. I’ve been in its warmth...and I’m ready for it! This isn’t just hopeful anticipation. I’ve been there! I know what it feels like and the energizing joy it brings. I’m ready! 

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

—Philippians 1:6

I know this season will pass. I know this good work will be brought to completion. I know what He’s started will be completed...in due time. I’ve seen the goodness of the Lord. I’ve basked in His warmth and glory. I know what it’s like to be in His energizing presence. With hopeful anticipation, I want to live fully in this present day He’s given me and yet count it all toward the glorious inheritance of what’s to come in eternity. 

Let us fix our eyes not on what is seen but what is unseen; for what is seen is temporary but what is unseen is eternal. 

—2 Corinthians 4:18

It’s coming!!! Hold on....

Comments

Popular Posts