Praise Him...Even when you don’t feel like it. 

See that picture? I am a worship leader. It’s not just something I do; it’s a part of who I am. I have a deep desire to lead others to know and worship the Lord on an intimate level. There are times I sing those words as my own heart breaks with grief or sadness. There are times I have to remember those aren’t just words I’m singing or leading; they’re promises and reminders for me, too. 

Do you know what I know? He really does give hope. Do you know how I know? Because I’ve experienced it. This isn't just wishful thinking. This is about a confidence and assurance of WHO HE IS even when we can't make sense of anything else. He restores. Did you hear that? Heaven knows I need to repeat it for my own heart to hear. He restores every broken heart. Lord, could you know my heart was breaking even as I sang the words? Of course He did. 

“Praise is an action word. It must have expression in order to exalt God and make Him known. Praise is an appropriate response to who God is, what He has done, and what He will do.” How to Worship a King

Praise isn’t dependent on how I feel or my present circumstances. It’s simply about Him. We don’t praise Him when we feel like it or because of His blessings to us. We praise Him because of who He is and because He’s worthy. When I’m feeling a lack of enthusiasm for praise, He is still worthy and deserving of my worship. It’s not about the present state we found ourselves in. It is ultimately a reminder of God. It is the reason we praise; an expression of admiration and gratitude of and for HIM that is completely independent of our expectation or desire of what we want Him to do for us. This isn’t about us at all. 

I was reminded of this all over again. The position to praise isn’t about how I’m feeling. It’s about who He is and the worship He deserves. Even when my heart aches. I’m giving Him praise today, reminded of the hope and restoration He brings, celebrating His promises and position to give Him my gratitude for His position, not mine.


Comments

Popular Posts