Contagious Joy

"It's bubbling, it's bubbling...
It's bubbling in my soul.
There's singing and laughing,
Since Jesus made me whole.
Since Jesus Christ came in,
And cleansed my heart from sin...
It's bubbling, bubbling, bubbling, bubbling, bubbling in my soul!"

It's a little chorus I used to sing as a kid. I am so thankful to my godly parents and a wonderful church to have these kinds of things ingrained into my my memory - and etched upon my heart. It's a fun little ditty that just makes you happy to sing it.

The truth is music makes me happy. And the truth about this song is the joy that is to be so deeply flowing in my soul that it bubbles up to the surface to the point of overflowing.

"...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances..." Phil. 4:10

I know enough to know it's not about circumstances. It's about the depth of your soul being filled with the joy and peace and presence of the Lord. In the midst of your very present trouble, that can almost seem impossible. But I've titled this post "Contagious Joy" for a reason. It's not just about your own personal joy dwelling within you - it's your joy overflowing out of you...

This should be an epidemic. Something that spreads like rampant wild fire. A plague that so overtakes the population that no one is left immune. Contagious. So that even when the bitter Naomi's of this world believe that God hand has gone out against them, they can "catch" your joy.

Are you singing? Are you dancing? Are you rejoicing? Are you demonstrating what God has done for you? Maybe you don't feel you've experienced abundant blessings. Maybe it's hard for you to see the good in the midst of your trouble. Maybe you're not feeling anything other than the pain that has been so heavily inflicted upon you. Then you, sister, brother, are the one who needs to "catch" the contagious joy!

Maybe you have experienced blessings. Maybe you are enjoying a time of green pastures. Maybe you are feeling at peace. Then you, sister, brother, have a responsibility to let that be seen - bubbling out of your soul - to the point of overflowing so that those around you can "catch" what you're experiencing.

May your joy be abundant and contagious! May all those you come in contact with "catch" what the Lord has done in your life!

Comments

Popular Posts