Lavish Love

The funny thing about feelings is you never know what to expect. You can't change how you feel. You can't predict how you'll feel from one minute to the next. You might be going along your merry way when an unexpected trigger alters your emotional course.

It's been an up and down week of unpredictable feelings, from people asking why I'm so bubbly to outbursts of tears.

Right now, in this moment, I am simply overcome by the love of my Heavenly Father who watches out for every detail. I am overwhelmed at how He takes care of me. I just reminded a friend of mine that yes, He has a plan for our lives (Jeremiah 29:11) but sometimes He wants us to just seek Him and not worry about the plan.

"You will seek me and you will find me when you seek me with all your heart." ~ Jeremiah 29:13

The thing is, even when I'm looking for the writing in the sky, I can sometimes miss HIM. What I'm feeling and experiencing today is the tangible expressions of His love, the visible reminders of His sovereignty in my life. But just a few days ago, I was feeling isolated and alone.

A faithful devotional text from a friend. An encouraging email from a kindred spirit. A friend's blog about her own life lessons and struggles. A reminder that I'm being prayed for. A note of thanks. A visit from a friend. He must have known that I needed the spiritual encouragement.

‎"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" ~ I John 3:1

Oh how my heart is rejoicing in this verse today - well, at least for this moment! The love He is pouring out through His people to reach me...I pray you feel it, too. His love is deep enough to reach to the depths of any wound you are feeling. His love is wide enough to travel any expanse that is distancing you from Him. His love is detailed enough to care about each and every concern you have. His love is great enough to bear the burden that you feel you carry alone.

Whether you feel it or not, He loves you. And whether it seems it or not, you are His child. Because you are His, He will not leave you. Even when it's hard. Even when it hurts. Even when He feels a thousand miles away. You are His. The Creator of the universe holds your heart and He wants to lavish His love on you.

Comments

Popular Posts