Giving Thanks: 1

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, as promised, here are some verses and thoughts to ponder. I hope you're expressing gratitude today. Finding reasons to truly give thanks can sometimes be a challenge when we're faced with life circumstances that overwhelm. If you find yourself in that place, I hope these can help jumpstart your season of thanks.

Thanksgiving Day 2:
"But I, with a song of thanksgiving, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. Salvation comes from the LORD." Jonah 2:9 // I've never thought about being so thankful to God that I want to sacrifice for Him! But the sacrifice made for me is certainly reason to give thanks, and inturn, reason to give of my own life.

Thanksgiving Day 3:
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7 // Can your heart truly leap for joy in thanks to the Lord? Oh, how I pray no matter what the circumstance, we would always sing a song of thanksgiving to Him!

Thanksgiving Day 4:
I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation. Psalm 118:21 // Even when we don't get the answer we seek, God is still there, still listening, and He always answers. Today I am thankful for answered prayers - even when the answer wasn't what I wanted.

Thanksgiving Day 5:
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. Psalm 100:4 // When we enter into the presence of God, we can't help but rejoice! Seeking His face, rather than His hand, will never let us down.

Comments

Popular Posts