End Of The World

The End of the World
I'm not sure what planet I've been living on, but it wasn't until today I heard the news the world will end on December 21, 2012. Oh really? I thought. Why's that?

A simple google search of "End of the world" filled in the blank for me and added 2012. Oh, this isn't good. Now Google even knows...

Sure enough. Link after link. "End of the World in 2012" "2012 Phenomenon" "End of the World: Official Website".

I realized this was no joke (or maybe it was) but the numerous websites were there to confirm the theory.

Thankfully, Google isn't my bible and theories aren't my truth.

But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
Mark 13:12


Well, that's certainly reassuring, right?! Heaven itself doesn't know. The truth is (biblical, that is) "that day" isn't talking about the end of the world, but rather about Christ's return. In some of the posts I skimmed, these two seemed to be equated together. Interesting...

...Especially when you consider this pagan world doesn't always claim Christ as Lord. We're celebrating Christmas alright, that is if we're still around on December 25th, but we're not necessarily celebrating the birth of a Savior. (I just can't bring myself to believe these well-knowing people would have bought any Christmas presents if they truly believe know the world is coming to an end just 4 days before giving gifts, but that's beside the point.)

But, just like the angels in the age-old Christmas story, I come to bring you good news of great joy...

For God so loved the world, he sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

In case you're wondering, there was one link to a "Party like there's no tomorrow" invitation. I myself won't be attending...but it did get me thinking even further...

Am I living like it's the end of the world? Am I making decisions today as if I won't be given the promise of tomorrow? Am I doing anything today - in the present - to invest in eternity?

Today is monumental simply because it's 12-12-12. Not in  my lifetime will I ever see that date. But I'll never see this day again either. I pray I make it count!

Comments

Popular Posts