I Don't Understand

The thing is, sometimes I just don't understand.

Right now it truly has NOTHING to do with me or my story.

It's not impacting me or my family.

But for someone else close to me I'm helplessly standing by and wondering what in the world is going on.

It's completely out of their hands. It's completely unfair. There's nothing that can be done. Except take a deep breath, say a prayer, and move forward.

But how?! The future is so uncertain right now.

The news can be devastating - it was to me and I'm not even directly impacted by it.

It's in these moments when our faith is put to the test. Will we trust God when it's most difficult to do so? Will we trust God when there's nothing humanly possible for us to do? Will we trust God and have faith in a plan we can't see?

Sometimes it doesn't make sense.

The trials become the chance to put our faith into action. Even more, the chance to sit back and allow God to move.

What I know is that He's got a plan.

What I also know is His plan is better than anything we could dream or fathom.

So then why is it so hard in the present moment of uncertainty and unsettledness to truly trust God with every detail?!

There are moments like this where I ask myself, "If this were you, how would you respond?" There are instances like this where I suddenly realize that anything can change - without warning or notice, it can all come crashing down.

Tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Tomorrow is certainly not guaranteed void of hardships. Matter of fact, the trials are the very instruments God uses to reveal Himself to us. It causes me to wonder if we'd pay attention otherwise.

It's difficult to understand. It's even more difficult to trust when the very next step you were about to take is suddenly yanked from beneath you. Just wait. The bottom hasn't fallen out without landing you safely in the arms of  One willing to carry you through.

Easy for me to say, I'm not the one being asked to persevere through the darkness. At least not at this moment. It's also in these tests when God reveals our own character. It's when he refines us. It's also when others wait and watch for our response. I'll admit I'm praying hard for this family and I'm also waiting to see what God does. It's in these moments when I know that whatever happens is going to be miraculous. It has to be because it's completely in His hands.

Sometimes I just don't understand, but when I don't understand what He's doing I only have to trust that He's at work in a way that will probably blow my mind.

Comments

Popular Posts