Unfailing Love

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, Oh Lord."

It is a scripture I learned as a child but now it has become my prayer. Over and over praying for my words to be his words and the deepest thoughts and feelings in my heart be pleasing to Him.

Today I am meditating on His word, basking in the richness of His promises. Oh how I love His word! It is true His word satisfies the soul as with the richest of foods.

I admit that being on vacation I haven't dedicated my R&R time to bible study. So little did I expect Him to speak to me so clearly through His word. Psalm 143 is living and breathing in me today.

     1 Hear my prayer, O Lord;
      listen to my plea!
      Answer me because you are faithful and righteous.
    2 Don’t put your servant on trial,
      for no one is innocent before you.
    3 My enemy has chased me.
      He has knocked me to the ground
      and forces me to live in darkness like those in the grave.
    4 I am losing all hope;
      I am paralyzed with fear.

I admit. There have been times recently where I've lost all hope. My fear has paralyzed me. I've been knocked down by those seeking to destroy me - the enemy that seeks my life. I'm encouraged to know that no one is righteous, praying not to be put on trial, but reminded that HE is faithful & righteous.

5 I remember the days of old.
      I ponder all your great works
      and think about what you have done.
    6 I lift my hands to you in prayer.
      I thirst for you as parched land thirsts for rain.   
7 Come quickly, Lord, and answer me,
      for my depression deepens.
   Don’t turn away from me,
      or I will die.

The days of old. His works. Regardless of the circumstances, remembering Him and what He's done certainly brings me to a point of praise and seeking Him all the more. I recall His works and deliverance and I come before Him again, seeking.

8 Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
      for I am trusting you.
   Show me where to walk,
      for I give myself to you.
    9 Rescue me from my enemies, Lord;
      I run to you to hide me.
   10 Teach me to do your will,
      for you are my God.
   May your gracious Spirit lead me forward
      on a firm footing.

As I seek, His unfailing love comes. As I seek, He guides. As I seek, He rescues me. As I seek, I pray for Him to show His will. I pray for Him to direct my steps. I pray I do not slip.

11 For the glory of your name, O Lord, preserve my life.
      Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress.
   12 In your unfailing love, silence all my enemies
      and destroy all my foes,
      for I am your servant.

Preserve my life! After the enemy seeks to destroy me, after I've grown weary and depressed from my circumstance, after I've sought His love and will for my life - I can claim His faithfulness to deliver me! He will silence and destroy my enemies. Those who seek my life will not win. There may be pain, there may be suffering, there may be consequences...but He is faithful and His unfailing love will preserve me! To keep me safe, to protect me from harm, to make my life lasting for His glory.

Scripture tells us love doesn't fail but if you've lived long enough you've surely experienced heartache. You've felt the disappointment of being hurt, wounded, unloved. You may have been rejected, unwanted, or betrayed. Maybe you've experienced the joy of love only to experience the pain of its withdrawal. What I'm reminded of today is the love that God's word speaks of. His unfailing love that only He can give. He is faithful and righteous. His unfailing love comes to me this day, this morning. I trust in Him and pray to Him as I seek Him to guide me. Giving myself only to Him and experiencing His unfailing love.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts