The Circus Is In Town

Step right up! The Circus is in town and this is a show you won't want to miss.
             
Juggling Act.

To say there's a lot going on is an understatement. But not to fear because I've become what appears to be a master juggler and expert plate spinner. Nevermind running in a million different directions or losing my sanity in the process. With masterful skills of keeping multiple things going at once, this juggling act is one you won't want to miss.

Walk the Rope.

It's a not-to-be-missed test of balance as I teeter across the tight rope of life. And in true dare devil fashion, there will not be a safety net. That's right - in case of falls, there is the threat of severe injury or loss of life. Don't worry - the waiver was signed and the insurance is all paid up! In the event of loss of life, there's an eternal security plan I have placed my trust in.

Lion Tamer.

That's right. It's as risky as it looks. I'm praying the same angel that was with Daniel in the Lions' Den will close the mouths of these big guys because I've never really been a fan of cats. Needless to say, this is a show worth watching as you see me overcome fear and face the prouling giants. It's mind over matter, knowing full well I could be ripped to shreds at any moment, but without turning my back I keep my cool and maintain control in an effort to tame the beasts before me.

The Ring of Fire. (As dramatic as the line from Nemo - parents of young children will recall this movie reference.)

This is the part where I perform in the center of a blazing ring. It spins and swirls, one inch in the wrong direction and it could singe my hair or burn my skin. In the midst of the firey trial, I steady myself and maintain control within the center of the flames. It's hot and I may escape a sweaty mess, but I'm hoping not to get burned.

Canon Ball.

No, for real. This is where I willingly (or maybe not-so-willingly) climb into the canon and use myself as the propelling force to be catapulted across the circus ring in an effort to land perfectly on the target. Any near miss could result in catastrophy. But I keep my head down, arms by my side and I let the laws of velocity and force compete with gravity as I pray I hit the mark.

Car Full of Clowns.

This is my favorite part. Everyone needs some comic relief, so this is the part of the show when I cram myself into obscurity and let my stupidity speak for itself. If it brings laughs then I have succeeded. If not, then I'll be forced to laugh at myself. Either way, I'm happy to paint on a smile and attempt to share some joy.

Elephant Duty.

More times than not I find myself yanked from the center stage spotlight only to be handed a shovel and scoop. Like it or not, it becomes my responsibility to pick up the remnants left behind even after the show is done. It's the humility of the job that reminds me of my place, but it's also necessary if the show is to go on.

Tickets, Get Your Tickets.

I'm a living breathing example of a sideshow that might cause everyone to stop and stare. You might not want a front row seat but I promise the performances will offer more than just entertainment. Some restrictions apply and all sales are final. You're expected to make the most of it whether you like it or not. This is a show that's guaranteed to teach us all a little about life and a lot about ourselves. The good news is, the Circus is in town and they're not only selling tickets, they're taking applications. Anyone care to join?!

Comments

Popular Posts