Not One Word

"Focus on enjoying Me and all that I am to you - even though your circumstances scream for resolution. Refuse to obsess about your problems and how you are going to fix them. Instead, affirm your trust in Me; wait hopefully in My Presence, and watch to see what I will do." ~ Jesus Today

Nailed it. Square between the eyes. I gotta love it when that happens. Or maybe I just cringe. Either way, I'm left with the striking reality that if I'd just stop obsessing about what I can do and focus on who He is, then I'd stop getting in the way.

The truth is, if I wouldn't single-handedly keep trying to take control, then I really would get to experience more of Him. Oh yes, you know. Type A. Miss Independent. Strong-willed. We've been over all this before. So why do I keep finding myself back at the same starting point?! Did I mention hard-headed? ... I guess some lessons are harder to learn than others. But it doesn't keep me from wanting to come back to Him. Over and over again.

He reminded me of the verse I claimed time and time again: "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14. Oh how quickly I forget. Being still is obviously not my forte. So today's admonition is right on target and strikes me as a reminder that all I can really do is wait on Him, bask in His Presence, and watch Him work.

As if that wasn't enough encouragement, I saw this verse on a friend's post today: "Not one word of all the good promises that the Lord had made to Israel failed; all came to pass." Joshua 21:45.

Not one word. Not one promise. Nothing. No not one. None of it failed. HE did not fail. Even when I have, His promises are true. His love remains and, praise God, it's not dependent on me or anything I do. All He expects from me is to be still and enjoy His presence.



Comments

Popular Posts