Take it Back

Hello my name is regret
I'm pretty sure we have met
I'm the whisper inside 
That won't let you forget

Ever met? I most certainly have. No formal introductions needed here, we seem to be well acquainted. 

There are moments in life you wish you could have a do-over. Things you wish you could change. Circumstances, if given the opportunity, you'd certainly choose differently because you know the outcome when choosing another way. You'd do anything to take it back. But it doesn't work that way. 

The regret lingers and transforms into haunting guilt. I can't change what's been done. But I can pray for it to change and transform Me. The only hope I have is the redeeming power of a loving and gracious God. It is the power that raised Christ from the dead, so I can rest assured whatever second chance I'm hoping for, He offers it. What I was hoping I can re-do, I can be assured He can redeem. More than just the situation or circumstance, He redeems our lives and refines us in the process. 

I can't take it back. Oh, I wish I could. 
Even when my memory relives and replays what I could have, should have done differently, my all-knowing and sovereign Father casts whatever it is as far as the east is from the west and remembers it no more. If only my memory could be wiped clean. 

Those ghosts are what Satan uses to keep me defeated and discouraged. And it's easy to let him win. We wrestle with the darkness. But God offers light, healing, forgiveness, and love. Unconditional love. And that is something you can trust Him to NEVER take back. 

Comments

Popular Posts