Be Encouraged

A broken down car. An unfulfilled dream. A shattered relationship. A lost loved one. An unexpected illness. A disappointment. A failure. A broken heart. It seems the devastation is all around. And whatever form it comes in, you may find yourself at a place where you simply don't know what to do. Your situation seems hopeless. Your circumstance seems impossible. And what's worse, you just don't have the strength to go on.

Someone said to me, "I just need someone to tell me it's going to be okay." I hear ya, friend, I hear ya. Because in the middle of the storm you're weathering, you simply can't do anything but drown in your circumstance. Feeling every piece of your broken situation, the burden seems overwhelming.

My words alone offer no hope. My feeble insight is not life-changing. My story is not yours. Though my pain is real to me, I may not be able to relate to what you're experiencing. Still, I am here to testify.

"It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." Deuteronomy 31:8

Whatever you're facing, He's right there with you. He's making a way. Though you're drudging through the mire and muck, He's already helped clear away the brush and brambles that would have prevented you from moving at all.

"My presence will go with you and I will give you rest." Exodus 33:14

Oh someone needs to know this! Sister, brother - His presence is with you! Even when you don't feel it. Even when you can't pray. Even when your heart is so downcast within you - He is RIGHT THERE! Ready to give you rest. Lean back against Him, feel His heartbeat, and breathe in His goodness!

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and do not forget all His benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." Psalm 103:2-5

Yes, you read that right. His ways are good and He desires to give you good things. He not only renews you, He redeems you! Oh, praise Him! He forgives and He heals. From the bottom of the depths of the pit you've fallen into, He reaches down not only to restore you but to adorn you with His love and compassion! I need to shout HALLELUJAH!!!

"I am about to do something new, even now it is coming. Do you not see it? Indeed, I will make a way in the wilderness, rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:18

And there it is. Claim His promise. Whether this is just a brief storm or if this is the fight of your life, you and I both need to be reminded that He is preparing us for His work. He is making a way where there seems to be no way. He is bringing new life where all things seem to have died. He is about to do something new!

Like I said, my words aren't magical but I pray with all of my own broken heart that you can bask in His goodness and give glory to His name even when all you feel is brokenness and pain. He IS faithful!

Comments

Popular Posts