Let Go

"It's one thing to go through a crisis grandly, yet quite another to go through every day glorifying God when there is no witness, no limelight, and no one paying even the remotest attention to us." - Oswald Chambers

I've gone through the fire. Literally. I've gone through trials. Defamation. Allegation. Accusation. Testing. Trouble. Obstacles. What I'm facing now isn't a crisis, necessarily. But it's testing to see what I'm made of when no one else knows, when no one is paying attention, when quietly, privately I am walking through this. "This" will make so much more sense in a few days when I can openly share. For now, it has resonated so deeply within me that it seems as though a gong is going off with a ripple effect of vibrations that I'm still not sure I fully understand.

This has been one of life's most monumental weeks for me. Six months after the fire, the house was complete and move in day was just 5 days ago. "How's the house?" everyone asks. It's beautiful. But I need you to know - it's just a house. I've learned to not hold tightly to the things of this world. After God taught me this lesson through the loss of most every worldly possession, He saw fit to test my faith and obedience again.

Here's more from Chambers' (same devotional as above, November 16): "If you are properly devoted to the Lord Jesus, you have reached the lofty height where no one would ever notice you personally. All that is noticed is the power of God coming through you all the time."

So today I found myself asking, "Am I wrapped up in getting noticed? Or making sure God gets noticed?" Reading Oswald's words from today's devotional nailed me at my core: "When Jesus says, "Come," I simply come; when He says, "Let go," I let go; when He says, "Trust God in this matter," I trust.

Yes, He is absolutely wholeheartedly testing me on that statement. "Let go," He was saying to me. Would I trust? Would I really take this step of faith? Would I walk away from the limelight and what appears to most as something that doesn't make sense? Taking a step backwards, letting go, trusting God...that's where I'm at.

And I'm here to tell you the journey is only just beginning. I don't know where He's leading or what He's doing. But I know that whether a simple act of obedience or a giant leap of faith, the power of God IS being produced in this weak, but willing, vessel!

Comments

  1. This hit home today. Thank you for sharing your journey with the Lord. It's these words that have helped me today. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts