T.G.I. GOOD FRIDAY

It's Good Friday. It wasn't really a good day for Jesus 2,000 years ago...but what came out of it was good for all mankind. For you, for me, for every person who would choose to accept.

Today's post isn't like others. This is the most important post I could share. Eternity depends on it.

Today is the day we remember Christ's death. But what I need you to know and hear if you've never heard it before...Christ died for YOU.

Sin separates us from knowing God and eternal life with our Father. No matter how big or little, we've all sinned; we all fall short of God's glory (Romans 3:23). The cost of our sin is death but we've been given a FREE gift - the gift of salvation through the price Jesus Christ paid by giving His life to pay the debt we owed (Romans 6:23). And even knowing we would sin - as He formed us in the womb and planned the days of our lives - He made a way for us to spend eternity with Him. Why? Because He loved us (Romans 5:8).

The gift is free - but you must choose to accept it. I can't do it for you. No one can't decide on your behalf. Nor can anyone tell you what to do. This is between you and Him.

You have to confess and admit you're a sinner. Recognize your sinful, fallen, separated state. Having hung on the cross bearing the weight of your sin - then conquering death to give us eternal life with Him in Heaven, this is what you must come to terms with.When you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus Christ from the dead, then you can receive the gift of salvation (Romans 10:9).

It was March 31, 1984. I was 5 years old. I had been indoctrinated with bible stories and church since I was born. But this day in Sunday school I heard the teacher talk about the separation I would face - not being able to be with Jesus when I died unless I asked Him into my heart to save me. I went home and told mom I didn't want to die without Jesus. I can recall my bedroom. I can remember kneeling down beside the bed. I don't know the words I said, but I know mom lead me in a sinner's prayer that was spoken from the heart and faith of a child who wanted to be with Jesus for eternity.

I would later understand Jesus didn't just save me, He is Lord of my life and as His child, I seek to pursue a daily intimate relationship. This wasn't just about a one-time prayer. This has become my life.

I pray you know Him as your Savior. If not, make today a GREAT Friday and seek His salvation. He paid the price for you. It's yours for the taking. If you've already received His gift, I encourage you to reflect on the moment you called upon Him to save you. Let's make it a good Friday!

Comments

Popular Posts