Be Still, TODAY

A few months ago a dear friend handed me a gift bag with the words "My Peaceful Moments: Open and Read as Needed." Inside were no less than several hundred slips of paper, each one containing a scripture verse. Every single work day since I was given this gift, I have pulled out one or two slips to read the words contained on each. I am here to tell you, as only Sovereign God can do, He perfectly ordains the "random selection" to be exactly what I need to read for that day.

You know Lamentations 3:22-23?! His mercies ARE new every morning... This is being played out in the daily grab bag of scriptures and the present circumstance I face.

So today I reach in, grab a piece of paper and read:


"Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:13a,14

There are too many people I know, including me, who need this today.

Are you afraid? Are you in crisis? Has your fear button been pushed?

STAND FIRM!

This scripture promises you WILL see the deliverance of the Lord.

WHEN?

Oh, that's the beauty of it! TODAY!

Does that mean you are delivered out of your struggle today? Not necessarily. But it does mean that this very day He is with you, fighting for you, showing Himself mighty in your life and your circumstance.

And what do you need to do? Oh, beloved, relish this...

"You need only to be still."

Somebody shout HALLELUJAH with me!!!

Just be still. You don't have to fight. You don't have to struggle. You may still be hurting, you may still be unclear, you may still be defeated, but whatever you "still are" just be still. In the stillness of you trusting Him, you will see His deliverance. TODAY.

Comments

Popular Posts