Welcome 2012

"A New Year. A new beginning. When we resolve to let go of our past, embrace God in our present and bring change to our future."

This video was played today in church and it brought me to tears. As I said goodbye to 2011 and welcomed 2012, I can honestly say I've never been more thankful to have a new beginning. I've always enjoyed the start of something new...but I've also never been fond of goodbyes. But last night, at 12:00 a.m., I embraced the opportunity to say goodbye to last year. I don't need to recall all the trials and circumstances of the past year. I literally walked through the fire. And today a dear friend shared this song as a reminder and promise for what I'm claiming in this new year:

At the foot of the cross (Ashes to beauty)
And you've won my heart
Yes you've won my heart
Now I can
Trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross

I've given my heart away - to people, dreams, circumstances - and sometimes that's meant I've been broken and destroyed. Circumstances out of my hands have altered my life's course. Situations beyond my control have changed my plans. I've been a victim of my own choices and the consequences that have resulted. I've experienced enough grace and mercy to humble me to a point of realizing how utterly disgraceful I am.

But here I am. Standing before an Almighty God on the first day of a new year. I am giving Him my heart. Trading my ashes for beauty and wearing His merciful forgiveness like a crown. Laying every burden at His feet, where He gave His life for me, I am giving Him all of me. Resolving to let go of my past, embracing God in my present, and letting Him bring change to my future.

Whatever 2011 brought you, give Him your 2012.

Happy New Year

Comments

Popular Posts