The Rock

"Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer." Psalm 61:1

Are you crying? Are you praying? In your desperation, pain, hurt, disappointment, are you seeking Him? This isn't just crying out to God and hoping He hears; this is expectancy that He will answer and attend to your plea.

"From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:2


This is where we're going to camp out so put it in park and soak it up.

"From the end of the earth..."
Are you feeling removed from everyone and everything? Maybe you're at the point where you feel far away from God. Even at the furthest point in His creation, He is there. You must simply call.

"I call to You when my heart is faint..."
Other translations say "when my heart is overwhelmed" or "when I'm down to my last gasp." Inhale. Exhale. Sigh.

Is your heart overwhelmed? To the point of being down to your last gasp? This isn't about just feeling like you might "pass out" from what you're facing - this is the overwhelming feeling that you are about to breathe your last breath, where what you face may in fact be the death of you. Whether in body or spirit - it could be what brings you to the point of your demise.

"Lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
Separated from everyone. Overwhelmed to the point of impending death. And here is where your hope lies. With expectancy that He sees and hears, asking Him to take you to a place beyond where you can go on your own.

Scripture refers to Him as our Rock, our fortress, a strong tower and our refuge. No matter how far removed you are, no matter how deep a pit you've fallen into, no matter how overwhelmed and faint you may be - He's waiting to draw you unto Himself and firmly set your feet on a solid foundation where you can stand.

"He brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay; And he set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings." Psalm 40:2

This is where you establish your foothold - firmly planted on Him as your foundation - and He will guide your steps.

Sure, right now you can barely move from the remotest part of the planet that you find yourself banished to. But when you let Him lead you, He will establish your goings when you are standing and building upon the solid Rock.

Comments

Popular Posts