What are you waiting for?

Since ancient times no one has heard,
no ear has perceived,
no eye has seen any God besides you,
who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him.
~ Isaiah 64:4

Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
~ Psalm 27:14

Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.
~ Isaiah 40:31

Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
for my hope is in him.
~ Psalm 62:5



Wait. To remain inactive; to be available in readiness; to look forward eagerly.

Oh yes, this is one of those "easier said than done" lessons that I simply struggle to contend with. If I could but apply this principle of what I'm willing to wait for and what it means to me then I am certain I'd be willing to wait longer, with less grumbling, and surely I'd display more patience.

To remain inactive. Being still before the Lord. Being utterly surrendered.

To be available in readiness. Still, yet prepared. Ready and willing. Filled with hope in Who He is and not just what He can do.

To look forward eagerly. Allowing what I long for to be replaced with my desire for Him. Seeking His will and His heart instead of going after His blessing.

What I value is Him. So I will wait.

This is where my strength is renewed. This is where my hope is restored. This is where I find rest. This is where my heart is filled. This is where I find Him.

Comments

Popular Posts