Broken Hallelujah

It's been a full, busy, and BLESSED weekend! It's still February (for a few more days) and a few more celebrations were still planned. Back-to-back girls nights found me meeting new people, trying new things, making new friends, and celebrating LIFE. Why? Because before He planned creation, my Savior planned for me to have abundant life. Yes, even me. (You too, by the way!)

I don't use this blog to post my daily updates or give status reports of my whereabouts. But all of what I've shared is leading me to a point (let's hope).

Tonight I enjoyed hearing amazing testimonies and beautiful songs by Laura Story & Mandisa at Girls Night Live! Oh what a blessing! I don't need to reiterate how much music is a balm for me but what was shared through story and song simply stole my heart tonight.

I've often belted (and even blogged about) the lyrics to Mandisa's songs. "Just Cry" is mentioned in one of my most-read posts. "Stronger" was the song playing as I drove away from the charred remains of the burned down house even while the firefighters were still on the scene. "Good Morning" is something I love to blast on the way to work as I get ready to face a new day.

But tonight she shared from her heart, a broken and sometimes lonely heart, of her very real and personal struggles. She openly admitted that once she realized she could take off the mask and be REAL, she could allow the Lord to use her and BLESS her through the pain and tears of her testimony. This is why I share. This is why I blog. This is why I post. This is why I tweet. It's as much my testimony as it is my therapy!

What I know is that whatever you're facing, when you take off the mask and allow people to peer inside, support, pray, encourage and pour into your life, it can turn into a blessing for both of you. Part of the blessing for me was getting to know new people and hear their own journeys through trials and joys and be able to experience a night of worship where we could lift our voices and our hands and praise Him no matter what our circumstance.

And then she sang a song I'd never heard. If the lyrics of her other melodies have touched my heart, I simply wasn't prepared for how this one would speak to me.

When all that I can sing
Is a broken hallelujah
When my only offering
Is shattered praise
Still a song of adoration
Will rise up from these ruins
I will worship You and give You thanks
Even when my only praise
Is a broken hallelujah
 
There have certainly been times all I could sing was a song of shattered praise from a broken heart. I'm sure it's been true of you before, too. And if that's where you find yourself now, just know that out of those ruins a song can still rise. Praise Him!

I'm thankful for new opportunities. I'm grateful for friends. I'm in love with my Savior. I adore worship. I am committed to giving praise no matter how I feel. I am determined to have joy despite the circumstance.

Comments

  1. Amen, Carrie: When I heard this song, via FB, I cried and cried.....So much I don't understand. So many times my already broken heart gets shattered over again.....but to choose to Praise the Lord in and through the pain....it is a must.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts