Get to God

Oh how perfect! It's just so beautiful when He does this. To reveal Himself in such real ways - I can hardly contain the joy in my spirit! Of course I have to share this...

I no sooner had my argument with the Lord about where we were going when He gave me such clear direction.

"Think of the last thing you prayed about - were you devoted to your desire or to God? Was your determination to get some gift of the Spirit for yourself or to get to God?" - Oswald Chambers, March 20

That's it! That's the answer I seek. He told me to keep going. I don't know where the journey is leading...I just know I am on this path to get to Him.

If I am waiting for God to reveal His will to me before I move then I will never take the next step. Where I'm headed is not where I want to go. What I'm doing is not what I hope to accomplish. My aim and mission is to get to God.

As I ran, I sensed His presence and I knew He was with me. But now I am challenged to seek intimacy with my Savior.

"This friendship means being so intimately in touch with God that you never even need to ask Him to show you His will." - Chambers

ZING! When these lessons come, they hit square between the eyes. (He knows me too well - I've always been hard-headed!)

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

I don't pray to ask Him for things I want. I pray to get to know Him better. I don't seek Him for what He can give me. I seek Him to become like Him. I delight in Him and I desire Him. I desire Him which leads me to get to God.

I still don't have a roadmap. I don't know the final destination. God hasn't revealed His great and mighty plan to me. But He has called me to an intimate walk with Him so that even though the way may be hidden, He is not.

Comments

Popular Posts