Searching

It's a new month and I couldn't be more thrilled. I was more than transparent about all that February brought my way. So imagine my sheer joy at the thought that this is a new beginning. I'm keenly aware that a new month doesn't erase anything from it's predecessor, but it does bring a certain hope of a fresh start.

Within the first 24 hours of this new beginning, I've had 3 different conversations with friends that all went something like, "I know God has me going through this for a reason but I just don't know if I am strong enough to face this."  (I'm paraphrasing 3 different conversations but the theme is the same.)

Then today one of the strongest and most admired prayer warriors and women of faith in my life said of a situation she's facing, "Everything is okay - God has given me peace."

Peace. Wow. When was the last time I felt PEACE?! I mean true and complete SHALOM - the kind HE brings that is permanent and all-consuming that takes away and replaces every care, concern, fear and worry? Not the falty and fallible temporal peace from the world that fades as quickly as it comes.

If I had that kind of peace...

When my hope is gone
When the fear is strong
When the pain is real
When it's hard to heal
When my faith is shaken
And my heart is broken
And my joy is stolen

Then surely I would be able to say...

God, I know that You lift me up
You never leave me searching

(Lyrics from Kari Jobe's "Find You On My Knees" - video below. You simply MUST hear this song!)

I've found myself in a place where I'm searching - but instead of searching for answers and explanations, or trying to find the plan or uncover the mystery, I'm searching for GOD. This isn't about finding myself or my purpose. This is about finding my Savior. This isn't my quest to know who I am. This is my heart's desire to know HIM and HIS heart. This isn't my time to be healed - this is my chance to rest in the arms of my Healer. This isn't even my journey to discover peace. This is accepting the Prince of Peace as King of my life and all my circumstances.

Maybe you're searching, too. If so, you can join me on my knees as we search for Him. And what I know to be true is His promise in Jeremiah 29:13: "You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."

Let's find Him together, friend. I'll be waiting on my knees...

Find You On My Knees - Kari Jobe

Comments

Popular Posts