I.D. Please

"Faithfulness, none can deny; through the storm and through the fire..."

We sang those words to the song "Stronger" on Sunday and the minute my eyes caught the word 'fire' on the screen, something inside me stirred. I was taken back to the memory of a blazing fire. I recalled walking through the ash, searching for salvageable belongings. I took it in context - He is faithful even through the fire. Yes, certainly I can attest to that being true. That phrase is something I can identify with because I have lived that experience.

The minute someone says the word "adoption" or "infertility" I can immediately recall my very own real and personal experience. My story may be different than another's but I can relate on some level because I've lived through it.

What word do you identify with? Cancer. Divorce. Abuse. Depression. Addiction. Death...  You may simply hear the word and it triggers a response. It evokes emotion. It brings up memories. You've lived it. You know...

If you have given your life to Christ, then the mention of His name should also create the same identification. Speak the name "Jesus" and know you are His. Hear about His suffering and know He can identify with you. Recall His death and know you are forgiven. Rejoice in His resurrection and know you have the promise of eternal life with Him!

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death... Phil. 3:10

Identifying with His sufferings may be difficult for you. Maybe your word isn't packaged with what you feel to be the faithfulness of God. It may be a struggle for you to truly identify your experience with God's infinitely good plan. You may be presently living the situation right now - daily walking through the trial you've been given and not yet knowing how it will all turn out.

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who in every respect has been tested as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:15-16

Experiences associated with your life are opportunities to receive His mercy and grace in your time of need. The uncertainty of His plan may have left you unsure of the future. But you can identify with Him because He's already identified with you and what you're facing. Your I.D. says "Christ's." Bought. Redeemed. Forgiven. His.

Comments

Popular Posts