Tall Mocha With Whip

Oh how I love a good, strong cup of coffee with just the right amount of my "flavor of the month" creamer. Right now it's Cafe Mocha, with just a hint of chocolate but nothing that overpowers the strong brew of my as-close-to-Brazilian grinds that I can find in the states.

If I'm ordering a specialty espresso, by default it's usually a Tall Mocha with Whip, but it really depends on my mood and the season. I am usually one of the first to seek out Pumpkin Spice as soon as the weather turns cool in fall. I can't wait to get my hands on Peppermint Mocha as I am decking the halls. As soon as the chill of winter creeps in, I usually enjoy the combination of rich and sweet with White Chocolate Raspberry. With the blooms of spring I turn to an iced Caramel Macchiatto and with the heat of summer I go  Mocha Frap almost every time.

This morning I poured my usual cup of coffee and started my morning routine. Midway through getting ready, I got distracted by an email. I did a few other things that were out of my normal routine and then went back to my mug. A half an hour after being poured, I expected to take a sip of my once-steaming coffee only to be nearly shocked that it was now cool. As a singer, I've grown accustomed to drinking room temperature water but lukewarm coffee - it's nearly blasphemy!

You know where we're going....

So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth. Revelation 3:16

I didn't spit the coffee out but I did give an audible "blah" at my disgust of what I had expected to still be hot.

As with coffee, you've got to be one extreme or the other - either some version of frozen or iced, or steaming hot. We're called to be on fire for the Lord. To let our passion burn for God and our compassion spread like wildfire for people to know Him.

We are to be the hot jolt of java that wakes a soul up in the morning! The aroma should be as strong as when you pass by a coffee shop and the mere smell beckons you to come in. Imagine the disappointment if people take in a sip of lukewarm religion when they're expecting steaming passion for the Lord!

This isn't about heating up your relationship with the Lord in the microwave. No, that simply won't do. This is about pouring your supply of Him from the just-brewed pot into your life so that the overflow of His presence is like the steam that rises from a freshly poured cup.

Have you filled your cup this morning? I'm sipping in His goodness even as I type. Bible opened, Oswald Chambers close beside, and of course a steaming cup of dark roast with a hint of cafe mocha creamer. Oh taste and see that the Lord is good!

Comments

Popular Posts